Urbanitae closes the largest real estate crowdfunding transaction in Portugal

Urbanitae closes the largest real estate crowdfunding transaction in Portugal

Urbanitae has set a milestone in Portugal by completing the largest real estate crowdfunding operation ever recorded in the country, raising five million euros from 1,283 investors. This capital will be used to create a complex of 96 tourist apartments in Oporto, representing the maximum allowed by Portuguese legislation for this type of investment.

The project focuses on the transformation of an old factory located at Rua Barao Forrester, 730, into a modern apartahotel complex. After a complete refurbishment, the property will be leased to the Numa Group, a German-based international operator of tourist apartments. The future strategy includes the sale of the asset to equity investors or those interested in returns of this type, once the project has stabilized.

Caler Real Estate Advisory, in charge of the promotion, is a company specialized in investment, management and optimization of real estate portfolios, with a notable presence in hotel management in Oporto, Madrid and Barcelona. Numa Group, on the other hand, manages more than 3,000 units in more than 25 cities in 9 countries, committing itself to this project through a 25-year lease agreement, with 15 years of mandatory compliance.

The Urbanitae investment covers 85% of the capital required for the acquisition and adaptation of the asset, with shares starting at 500 euros, while the developer and its investors contribute the remaining 15%. This model allows investors to benefit from both capital gains and income generated by the project.

In addition to the operation in Porto, Urbanitae has begun its foray into the Portuguese market with another project in Cruz Quebrada, Oeiras, near the capital, with a total of 277 investors and financing of 1,010,000 euros. The platform also plans to open for financing a new project in Lisbon, consisting of a development of eleven single-family homes and a commercial space, with a projected investment of 4,053,000 euros.

Simão Cruz, director of Urbanitae in Portugal, is leading the platform's expansion strategy in Portugal. Urbanitae aims to reach a volume of €20 million in financed projects by the end of 2024, constantly seeking new investment opportunities, especially in large assets. The platform is presented as a financing alternative for real estate developers, facilitating investment in projects of various types for small and medium-sized savers seeking attractive returns.

Iberian Property logoIberinmo logo
Iberian Property is the best platform for investment in Spain & Portugal. Created for those who seek reliable information about players and deals happening in Iberia. Through updated database, reports, market indicators and daily news, we report “Who’s Who” in Iberian Real Estate!. Iberian Property is also proud to organize the most important international real estate investors’ meeting in Iberia - Portugal Real Estate Summit!