Real Estate Opportunities and the Portuguese Economy under debate in Madrid

Real Estate Opportunities and the Portuguese Economy under debate in Madrid
Pedro Siza Vieira - Lawyer at PLMJ, and former Minister of Economy for the Portuguese Government

Iberian Property is proud to present the "ULI Iberian Property Talks", jointly organised with ULI Spain and ULI Portugal with the aim of bringing the Iberian Capitals closer to one another in a cycle of 4 events in Madrid and Lisbon!

On the 20th of April, the debute in Madrid will count with the presence of Mr. Pedro Siza Vieira, former Minister of Economy for Portuguese Government, who will discuss the Real Estate Opportunities and the momentum of the Portuguese Economy, in an exclusive networking event, reserved for ULI Members and Iberian Property Subscribers.

Like most countries, Portugal has been challenged with a scenario of growing interest rates, but the country is now in much better shape than over the last decade. The economy is growing, in fact GDP has been growing above EU since 2016 (with only exception of 2020), and last year the growth stood at 6.7% , the highest in the EU – this strong economy performance was mainly led by investment and by exports.

Iberian capital markets have surpassed the pre-pandemic performance

After turning the page on the pandemic, investment in commercial real estate in Iberia soared in 2022, amounting to €18.6 billion, a figure that represents a y-o-y increase of 32% and sets a new all-time high.

Reflecting the size of each market, the largest share of capital (84%) was traded in Spain, with 350 operations amounting to a total of €15.5 billion, while Portugal attracted the remaining 16%, valued at a little over €3 billion. However, it is interesting to note that both countries maintained stable shares compared with 2021, although Portugal presented a higher growth in annual terms, surpassing by 39% the €2.2 billion registered the previous year.

The event, which will be both presential in Madrid and distributed via streaming, will also count with a roundtable debate with representatives from Pérez-Llorca, Square Asset Management, ULI Spain and ULI Portugal, to analyse more in-depth the most relevant factors to consider when entering the Portuguese real estate market.


Iberian Property logoIberinmo logo
Iberian Property is the best platform for investment in Spain & Portugal. Created for those who seek reliable information about players and deals happening in Iberia. Through updated database, reports, market indicators and daily news, we report “Who’s Who” in Iberian Real Estate!. Iberian Property is also proud to organize the most important international real estate investors’ meeting in Iberia - Portugal Real Estate Summit!