Green light for Benidorm's 'Ensanche Levante' project

Green light for Benidorm's 'Ensanche Levante' project

Benidorm council has given its final approval to the 'Ensanche Levante' plan after receiving positive reports from both the Generalitat Valenciana and the Central Government. This plan extends over an area of 575,371 square metres and is the largest area pending development in the Levante area of the town. It is characterised by a design that maintains the vertical construction typical of Benidorm, promoting sustainability and freeing up large areas for public use.

The planning process, which has lasted more than five years, has followed the guidelines of various public authorities and has brought the proposal into line with the applicable regulations. The final reports of the General Directorate of Cultural Heritage of the Regional Ministry of Culture and the Júcar Hydrographic Confederation have been fundamental for the approval of the plan. These reports require, among other things, precautions for the protection of possible archaeological remains and confirmation of the availability of water resources, highlighting the use of purified water for irrigation of the proposed green areas.

The 'Ensanche Levante' project includes the creation of two plots for educational use, large areas for public facilities, a large central park of more than 60,000 square metres, 13,000 square metres of gardens and 23,000 square metres of pedestrian open spaces. In addition, 65% of the land will be used for public facilities and the remaining 35% for residential housing and the construction of up to twenty new hotels.

The development plan aims to significantly transform a large section of Benidorm, improving the area adjacent to the Levante beach. The large park will include wooded areas and spaces designed for various outdoor recreational and sporting activities, improving accessibility for people with reduced mobility. In addition, sustainability criteria will be applied to the urban drainage system to improve the management of rainwater and its use in the maintenance of the green areas.

Iberian Property logoIberinmo logo
Iberian Property is the best platform for investment in Spain & Portugal. Created for those who seek reliable information about players and deals happening in Iberia. Through updated database, reports, market indicators and daily news, we report “Who’s Who” in Iberian Real Estate!. Iberian Property is also proud to organize the most important international real estate investors’ meeting in Iberia - Portugal Real Estate Summit!