Vía Célere may become the largest housing developer in Spain

Vía Célere may become the largest housing developer in Spain


If the operation is approved by the competition regulators, Vía Célere  will become the largest residential developer in Spain, it will reach 2.203 millon euro in asset volume and it will be capable of delivering around 2.000 houses in 2019 and 5.000 in 2021 according to Värde’s predictions.

Värde will own 75% of Vía Célere’s shares, while the minortiy shareholders (Marathon, Attestor, BAML, Barclays, DB and JPM), will have  the remaining 25%. The company will also have an important diversification in its asset portfolio with around 38% of those assets in Madrid, 20% in Málaga, 11% in Barcelona, 9% in Seville, 5% in Valencia, and 17% in other provinces throughout Spain.

Héctor Serrat, CEO of  Värde Partners, points out that “Vía Célere is a company that is very well positioned in the market and that it won’t need to buy terrains to reach its short term goals. Thus, the company can focus solely in building high quality houses and residential developments for its customers”.

Juan Antonio Gómez-Pintado, managing director of Vía Célere stated, “we are very proud to announce this operation, which will make Vía Célere the leading residential developer in Spain. With this incorporation we solidify the history of success which has been, since its inception, Vía Célere and we increase our capacity to produce and offer houses which we make available to our customers”.

Iberian Property logoIberinmo logo
Iberian Property is the best platform for investment in Spain & Portugal. Created for those who seek reliable information about players and deals happening in Iberia. Through updated database, reports, market indicators and daily news, we report “Who’s Who” in Iberian Real Estate!. Iberian Property is also proud to organize the most important international real estate investors’ meeting in Iberia - Portugal Real Estate Summit!